I am contesting for “TANA - Secretary” position and humbly requesting your support to elect me for this position. I follow the words “If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one” by Mother Teresa. Like Martin Luther King, Jr., I ask myself “What are you doing for others?”. Since I left my birth country, I am part of Andhra and Telangana development activities like improving schools, roads, electricity and education for poor and needy. I feel giving back to society and village where you came from is the most noble thing and it helps others to find path to become successful in their life. As a TANA life member, I have been active volunteer, continuously serving Telugu people in USA and India under TANA organization. Starting from Detroit TANA convention, I volunteered for several TANA activities and programs.
Building a strong foundation for our nonprofit's future
Positions held in Non Profit Organizations
- TANA Community Services Coordinator (2021 – 2023)
- TANA New Jersey Regional Coordinator (2019 – 2021)
- TANA Backpack Co-Chair (2017 – 2019)
My Community Service History
- 2021 – 2023 – As TANA Community Services Coordinator, organized Summer Camps for kids in North America, SAT/ACT training, College preparation workshops for High School kids, Tax Webinars, Immigration Webinars, Health Education seminars, Yoga training, Hiking events for the community, CPR training, Food Donations, Skill development for job seekers, Covid Vaccination drives, several competitions for kids, and Financial Guidance seminars.
- 2019 – 2021 – As TANA New Jersey Regional Coordinator, conducted several CPR trainings camps, Yoga & Meditation camps, backpacks to needy kids, Food donatiuons to local food pantries, Ashtavadhanam, and Ghantasala Vardhamthi. NJ & NY teams did NYC Cruise event where we raised funds ($10000) to help 200 needy Pochampally weavers in Telangana State by providing ASU machines, TANA Balotsavam 2020 and conducted TANA Independence Day Volleyball tournament.
- 2017 – 2019 - As a TANA backpack co-chair, I organized and coordinated lot of backpack activities in USA as well as in India. This is one of the very successful programs in TANA history and we were able to deliver backpacks, school supplies to thousands of kids in both Telegu states and provided Teaching & Learning Materials.
- 2015 – 2022 – Provided college fees and education materials for 15 needy kids to complete their Intermediate and Bachelor’s degrees.
- 2018 – 2019 – Donated personally and raised funds for around 50 digital class rooms as part of Andhra Pradesh Janmabhoomi initiative.
- 2017 – 2021 – As TANA Volunteer involved and coordinated 5K run, Sankranti Sambaralu, Father’s Day, NYC Cruise, Volleyball tournament, Curie-TANA competitions, Food donations, and several other events in New Jersey and New York states.
- 2017 – 2022 – Donated sewing machines for women, Ironing Boxes, Rythu Rakshana Kits, Power Sprayers as part of TANA Chaytanya Sravanthi program to help improve their lifestyles.
- 2019 – Coordinated TANA Chaytanya Sravanthi event in Vijayawada with others in leadership.
- During Covid pandemic provided hot meals and groceries to thousands of needy people in Andhra & Telangana States. Sent Thank You meals to NJ frontline workers to appreciate them for their dedicated work to save lives.
- Donated sleeping blankets, beds to orphan/physical challenged kids in different orphan homes and schools, conducted mega Eye camps, donated sarees to needy woman and donated 300 helmets to police, and common people.
- Donated Power Sprayers, Rythu Rakshana kits to farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
- Donated laptops to support needy students for their education in both Andhra and Telangana.
- Raised funds and donated personally to provide Chaff cutter machines to improve dairy farming and support farmers in dairy farming sector.
- 2019 – 2022: Conducted TANA Summer Camps for kids with thousands of participants and engaged kids in TANA volunteer activities.
Call: +1 (201) 270-8648
Venkata (Raja) Kasukurthi
© 2023 Venkata (Raja) Kasukurthi For TANA Secretary. All Rights Reserved